We are seeking creative, passionate individuals to function as a Space Planner with our New York team and assist in project development and design issues, including creative and concept development. This individual will also participate in all phases of projects; from programming, schematic design and design development, construction documents and furniture specification. The Space Planner will also have some oversight of design intent during CD and CA phases while professionally aligning the project schedule and budget.
- Meet and interface with clients, consultants and vendors as requested to develop planning
- Act as a resource for consultant information and coordination during the programming phase, and the coordination of documents
- Participate in existing conditions surveys and architectural base plans preparation
- Assemble the program data and prepare the program report for review by the Project Manager prior to presentation to the client
- Develop space plans responsive to and conform to the program requirements, client’s goals and objectives, building constraints and applicable codes
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or related field
- Minimum 5 years’ of design experience, heavy experience with tenant development projects
- AutoCAD skills required, Revit skills desired
- Strong working knowledge of office planning and furniture systems
- Experience working on corporate interiors, financial, and/or retail projects desired
NELSON is focused on creation with passion to deliver. We provide creative solutions through Interior Design, Architecture, Engineering, Strategic Planning, Information Services and Workplace Services in the corporate and residential real estate markets. With 35 locations in the United States and the resources of more than 500 professionals worldwide, NELSON provides dedicated, quality service through a proven delivery network. For more information www.nelsononline.com.
We offer competitive wages based on skills and experience, excellent benefits package including; Paid Time Off, medical, dental, 401K, pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts, and more. NELSON is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If are ready bring your passion to a fast-paced, growing team, click the link to apply! Due to the large volume of candidates, only qualified applicants will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
Senior Project Manager and Healthcare Planner
February 20, 2017
In January, we at NELSON introduced our new practice area, TAMI (Technology, Advertising, Media a...
February 14, 2017
NELSON Minneapolis’, Annie Hintze, LEED AP, Interior Designer, was featured in Floor Trends...
February 8, 2017
We are proud to announce that NELSON has landed a spot on this year’s Interior Design Magaz...