Senior Electrical Engineer (PE)
We are seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer to support a talented team of over 50 architects and designers in our Chicago, IL office. The Senior Electrical Engineer will assist with the expansion of our regional engineering presence and serve as the primary liaison with clients while representing Brinjac Engineering, a NELSON Company, on all projects throughout the Mid-West region.
- Communicate with clients to establish new projects and scope of work
- Create a network in the Mid-Western region to develop new clients and pipeline future projects
- Conduct existing conditions surveys and prepare engineering floor plans, sections, elevations and details as appropriate to document relevant conditions
- Review applicable building codes and develop a list of criteria to be reflected in the design documents
- Conceptualize designs and oversee prepare construction documents including, but not limited to: demolition plans; floor plans; ceiling plans; telephone/electric/data plans; details plans; sections and elevations; and construction specifications for all materials and products selected and documented by the Company
- Review both the Company’s and consultant documents, delegating to the Project Manager as needed, to ensure consistency with both the Company’s project and quality standards, accomplish the design intent, and code compliance
- Review and process all shop drawing/sample submissions and consult with the Project Manager, and Project Designer, as appropriate, to ensure that the design intent is being maintained
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- 10+ years’ experience in healthcare, institutional, and commercial areas with a consulting engineering firm
- Valid Illinois PE registration required
- Proven track record of successful client relations
- Effective written and verbal communication skills. Must be comfortable as a representative of the firm
- Experience with technical work required
We offer competitive wages based on skills and experience, excellent benefits package including; Paid Time Off, medical, dental, 401K, pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts, and more. NELSON is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you have read this and feel this may be the career opportunity for you, please apply by clicking the link. Due to the large volume of candidates, only qualified applicants will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
Director of Design
September 15, 2016
NELSON Boston’s Google project was recently featured in Office Snapshots, a leading online ...
September 7, 2016
The Huffington Post recently covered NELSON’s intent to launch its TAMI (Technology, Advert...
August 17, 2016
NELSON Minneapolis project, Arbor Philanthropy, was featured in Office Snapshots, a leading onlin...