Senior Interior Designer
We are seeking a Senior Designer to join our team in our New York, NY office. This individual will participate in all phases of projects, meeting or exceeding the clients’ business objectives, while maintaining professional alignment of project schedule and budget. This may include, but is not limited to: programming, schematic design, design development, construction documents, furniture specification, and oversight of design intent during CD and CA phases.
- Participate with the Project Manager & Design Director in consultation with the client to establish project goals and objectives including, but not limited to: design intent, schedule and budget parameters
- Establish the conceptual design direction as a response to the program requirements and client’s goals and objectives
- Collaborate with entire project team and provide clear direction and mentoring to junior staff
- Research and select architectural products and systems, finishes, and furniture
- Develop plans, elevations and architectural details that illustrate the design intent and use of materials
- Review construction documents and specifications to ensure that the design intent is being maintained
- Conduct client presentations
- Inspire innovative solutions to emerging workplace trends
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design, Architecture or a related field
- Minimum of 12 years’ experience in corporate or commercial workplace design
- Proficiency in the use of both AutoCAD and Revit software
- Proficiency in the use of Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp or other modeling program
- Certificate or Registration of Interior Designer or certification through NCIDQ preferred
- Professional membership and/or active participation in corporate or commercial real estate associations preferred
We offer competitive wages based on skills and experience, as well as an excellent benefits package, including: Paid Time Off, medical, dental, 401K, pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts, and more. NELSON is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you have read this and feel this may be the career opportunity for you, please apply by clicking the link below. Both a resume and work samples are required with your application. Due to the large volume of candidates, only qualified applicants will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
NELSON and FRCH Design Worldwide Expand Industry Market Segment, Practice Leadership and Global Reach by Merging Operations
January 9, 2018
Cincinnati, OH (January 10, 2018) –NELSON, a global architecture and design firm, anno...
November 27, 2017
NWH, the Minneapolis-based holding company of renowned design firm NELSON, is continuing on its g...
November 27, 2017
NELSON, one of the fast-growing global architecture, interior design, and consulting services fir...