We are currently seeking a Human Resources Generalist to work in our San Jose, CA office to support the firm’s location operations. The Human Resources Generalist will serve as a strategic partner and provide support to an assigned client group. This person will also support and promote our mission to Inspire. Create. Transform. Serve and be an ambassador of our values through day to day actions.
- Be a resource to teammates and managers on company policies, practices, and regulations. Ensure compliance with applicable employment laws.
- Ensure compliance and maintain Human Resource Information Payroll System including data entry of Teammate data, support, maintenance and setup of system, auditing to ensure data integrity and production of reports and payroll as needed.
- Administer recruiting efforts by sourcing candidates, screening resumes, conducting phone-screens, scheduling interviews, and performing reference and background checks.
- Maintain Teammate records and files, including collecting and processing paperwork for new hires, transfers, promotions and terminations; answer employment verification requests and unemployment claims.
- Assist in managing, administering, and actively resolving Teammate concerns regarding various Teammates benefit plans such as life, health, dental, and disability insurance, 401K plans, vacation, leave of absence, and unemployment.
- Participate in and provide human resources support on merger partner due diligence and post-merger integration activities.
- Reports, maintains and monitors all FMLA, Leave of Absence, and workers' compensation case files.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Human Resources or related field. HR Certification is a plus.
- 5+ years’ of experience working in Human Resources
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel. General knowledge of HRIS systems, UltiPro preferred. Deltek Vision experience would be a plus
- The ideal candidate must be articulate and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of California employment related laws
- Must possess a high attention to detail and a proven ability to multi-task
We offer competitive wages based on skills and experience, excellent benefits package including; Paid Time Off, medical, dental, 401K, pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts, and more. NELSON is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you have read this and feel this may be the career opportunity for you, please apply by clicking the link. Due to the large volume of candidates, only qualified applicants will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
NELSON and FRCH Design Worldwide Expand Industry Market Segment, Practice Leadership and Global Reach by Merging Operations
January 9, 2018
Cincinnati, OH (January 10, 2018) –NELSON, a global architecture and design firm, anno...
November 27, 2017
NWH, the Minneapolis-based holding company of renowned design firm NELSON, is continuing on its g...
November 27, 2017
NELSON, one of the fast-growing global architecture, interior design, and consulting services fir...