Our Dallas, Texas office is currently seeking a Mid-Level Designer to join our team of creative and passionate professionals. The ideal candidate will have solid experience in planning and designing commercial interiors while demonstrating the ability to contribute to the team’s delivery of successful projects and building of client relationships.
• Assist in aspects of project development from programming through conceptualization, design development and construction documents.
• Participate with the Project Manager and/or Senior Designer, to understand and support project goals and objectives including but not limited to work plan, schedule and budget parameters.
• Conduct existing conditions surveys and prepare base plans, sections, elevations and details as appropriate to document relevant conditions
• Attend meetings with clients, consultants, contractors and vendors as delegated.
• Develop plans, elevations and details conceptual design sketches that illustrate the treatment of the project, develop concept statements and develop concept and presentation in the NELSON presentation formats assistance.
• Ability to create details and sections
• Demonstrate good interpersonal skills and the ability to follow direction in producing deliverables
• Act as a resource for consultant information and coordination during the programming and design phases, and the coordination of documents
• Research products and systems that accomplish the design intent.
• Assist in the organization and preparation of construction documents
• Produce technical AutoCAD drawings for any project phase
• Update drawings with as-build data and redlines
• Ensure CAD standards and guidelines are followed; Conduct quality audit checks on drawings
• Bachelors’ degree in Architecture/Interior Design or related field
• Minimum 3-5 years’ of design experience
• Revit and AutoCAD skills required
• Experience working on commercial projects desired
We offer competitive wages based on skills and experience, as well as an excellent benefits package, including: Paid Time Off, medical, dental, 401K, pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts, and more. NELSON is an Equal Opportunity Employer.