We are seeking a Billing Specialist with Deltek Vision experience to work in our New York office location. The Billing Specialist will partner with various Project Managers to process billing in accordance with client requirements, within the currently established procedures, and the timelines of our contract agreements.
- Proactively work with Project Managers in setting up projects/budgets appropriately in Deltek Vision and assist with project monitoring for the life of the project
- Ensure that submitted invoices are in compliance with company accounting standards and any government requirements
- Organize and monitor flow of client / vendor invoices including obtaining approvals, tracking budgets, identify inconsistencies and A/P entry
- Research any unbilled issues and initiate timely collection of outstanding AR balances to optimize the billing possibilities for the billing period
- Effectively communicate with Project Managers regarding project setup, contract documents, and billing cycles conform with contract terms
- Distribute final invoices for all billable projects
- Support special project analyses as needed. Perform additional assignments based on job title and responsibilities
- 3 + years of experience in high volumn Architectural or Engineering billing department
- Deltek Vision experience required; will consider SAP experience
- Bachelor Degree or some college courses in accounting or business preferred
- Basic understanding of general accounting principles (general ledger, revenue recognition, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Good written and verbal communication skills. Meticulous attention to detail and strong organizational skills
NELSON is focused on creation with passion to deliver. We provide creative solutions through Interior Design, Architecture, Engineering, Strategic Planning, Information Services and Workplace Services in the corporate and residential real estate markets. With 33 locations in the United States and overseas, and the resources of more than 600 professionals worldwide, NELSON provides dedicated, quality service through a proven delivery network. For more information on NELSON, please visit our Website at www.nelsononline.com.
We offer competitive wages based on skills and experience, excellent benefits package including; Paid Time Off, medical, dental, 401K, pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts, and more. NELSON is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you have read this and feel this may be the career opportunity for you, please apply by clicking the link below. Due to the large volume of candidates, only qualified applicants will be contacted. No phone calls or agency referrals please.
NELSON and FRCH Design Worldwide Expand Industry Market Segment, Practice Leadership and Global Reach by Merging Operations
January 9, 2018
Cincinnati, OH (January 10, 2018) –NELSON, a global architecture and design firm, anno...
November 27, 2017
NWH, the Minneapolis-based holding company of renowned design firm NELSON, is continuing on its g...
November 27, 2017
NELSON, one of the fast-growing global architecture, interior design, and consulting services fir...