NELSON is seeking Interior Designers to join our growing New York, NY office. We are seeking creative, pro-active and energetic individuals to participate as a team member and help in project development and design issues. This includes: creative and concept development and participation as required for all phases of projects meeting or exceeding the client’s business objectives; from programming, schematic design and design development, construction documents and furniture specification.
- Function as a designer on designated projects.
- Participate with the Project Manager and/or Senior Designer to understand/establish project goals and objectives including but not limited to work plan, schedule and budget parameters.
- Attend meetings with clients, consultants, contractors and vendors as delegated.
- Participate in existing conditions surveys and architectural base and/or interior record plans preparation.
- Assist in or prepare programming questionnaires for use during interview process and set up project files.
- Assemble the program data and prepare the program report for review by the Project Manager, Senior Designer, prior to presentation to the client.
- Validate and update, as necessary, the programming data.
- Develop space plans that are responsive to and conform to the program requirements and client’s goals and objectives.
- Prepare conceptual design sketches that illustrate the architectural treatment of the space, develop concept statements and develop concept and presentation in the NELSON presentation formats.
- Design and assemble presentation boards, including furniture and finishes, concept statement and design abstract within the NELSON presentation standards.
- Attend client presentations when appropriate.
- Research products and systems that accomplish the design intent.
- Prepare furniture and finish recommendations and alternatives, including budgets.
- Develop plans, elevations and architectural details that illustrate the design intent and use of materials.
- Participate in the development of construction documents and specifications to insure compliance with design intent.
- Prepare furniture drawings and specifications.
- During the construction phase assist in the preparation of document revisions such as addenda, bulletins and clarification sketches.
- Assist in the review of the contractor’s submissions for compliance with the design intent.
- Assist in review as requested of the production of furniture, millwork and equipment contract shop documents.
- During the construction phase attend job site meetings, on “as requested” basis to review elements of the construction and furnishing placement to ensure compliance with the design intent of the approved construction documents.
- Participate in the punch list process
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or related field
- Minimum 7 years’ of design experience
- Certificate or Registration of Interior Designer a plus. LEED AP a plus
- AutoCAD skills required, Revit skills preferred.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience working on corporate interiors projects.
- Great client facing skills
- Good presentation skills
We offer competitive wages based on skills and experience, excellent benefits package including; Paid Time Off, medical, dental, 401K, pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts, and more. NELSON is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are ready to join a fast-paced, and growing team that thinks outside of the box, apply by clicking the link below!
No phone calls or agencies please.
Director, Northwest Region
May 15, 2017
NELSON is excited to welcome Paul Koch as a Senior Architect to the Boston office. Paul is a tran...
April 27, 2017
We are pleased to announce that Mary Brandt, Interior Designer at NELSON’s Minneapolis offi...
April 24, 2017
NELSON project, Civis Analytics, was recently featured by Built in Chicago as part of their title...