NELSON is seeking energetic and pro-active Project Architects to join our New York, NY office. These individuals will serve as members of the project team and will be responsible for participation in all aspects of preparing complete and comprehensive architectural construction drawings and specifications.
- Assist the design team by researching products and systems that accomplish the design intent, including, but not limited to: lighting, hardware and millwork
- Coordinate all filing requirements of projects, including: coordination with other disciplines, collection of checks/fees, distribution of paperwork for signing and sealing and coordination of obtaining permits
- Prepare construction documents including, but not limited to: demolition plans; partition plans; reflected ceiling plans; telephone/electric/data plans; finish plans; large scale details plans; sections and elevations; detail drawings for millwork and cabinetry; schedules for doors, frames, hardware, architectural finishes and partition types; and construction specifications for all material, finish and product selections
- Prepare and issue addenda, sketches and clarifications as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or Interior Design
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the Architecture/Design profession. Experience with corporate interior projects desired
- Working knowledge of MS Office Applications, including: PowerPoint, Project and Outlook
- AutoCAD skills required. Revit skills highly desired
- Architectural license and LEED AP a plus
We offer competitive wages based on skills and experience, an excellent benefits package including: Paid Time Off, medical, dental, 401K, pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts, and more. NELSON is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you have read this and feel this may be the career opportunity for you, please apply by clicking the link. Due to the large volume of candidates, only qualified applicants will be contacted.
January 19, 2017
Stacy Chambers, Managing Director at NELSON Boston has been named a Practice Area Leader for TAMI...
January 10, 2017
Recently completed NELSON project, Wells Blue Bunny, was featured in the Minneapolis/St. Paul Bus...
January 9, 2017
We invite you to join Theresa Williams, LEED AP ID+C, Principal and Design Director, as she speak...